If you intend to export goods even only occasionally or once off, you will need to register as an exporter. Individuals, sole proprietors, companies, closed corporations and trusts can all register as exporters. When you register, you will be issued with a customs client number and an exporter registration number.

If you simply want to register as an exporter then you need to complete two forms. These two forms are:

  1. Form DA 185 – Application Form for Registration Licensing of Customs and Excise Clients
  2. Form DA 185.4A2 – Registration Client Type 4A2 – Exporter (this is an annexure to form DA 185 and UNLESS you plan to register for one of the trade agreements mentioned below, you can ignore Sections A, B and C of this form)