Application to export chemicals
If you want to export chemicals to South Africa, you need special permission from ITAC. ITAC will decide if it is in the best interests of the public to import the chemicals.The export control measure provided by means of this service enhances control for environmental health and security, as well as for safety and quality compliance. It also ensures that the chemicals comply with environmental requirements.. This section of the South African Government Services website gives detailed information about the steps to follow, legal framework, service standard, cost, the forms which need to be completed and relevant contact details of the relevant authority that issues these certificates.