Customers can correspond with EMIA by telephone, e-mail, fax and courier. Effective communication is important for the efficient processing of applications and claims. All correspondence must be properly addressed to avoid mail being misdirected. EMIA receives large volumes of correspondence on a daily basis. Customers are therefore encouraged to follow the guidelines below in order for queries, applications, and claims to be processed quickly.
- When communicating by telephone:
- Their Name
- Entity/business name as per application
- Date of trip/event
- When communicating by fax:
- Use a fax coversheet and indicate clearly:
- The number of pages
- Date of event/trip
- Clearly indicate the name of the person the fax is intended for.
- Clearly indicate the purpose of the fax e.g., additional information.
- Always include the Letter of Approval or acknowledgement with all mail.
- Faxed copies of additional information must contain the details of your company.
- Postal and courier correspondence must be properly addressed to:
|Mapungubwe thedti Group House
|Building A, Ground Floor
||Building A, Ground Floor
|77 Meintjies Street
||Private Bag X84
- Manager's area of responsibility
||Corne du Plessis
||012 394 1020
||012 394 1146
Correspondence that has not been properly addressed to EMIA/thedti can be incorrectly forwarded to other departments. This will result in delays in the processing of your application or claim. the dti does not accept responsibility for mail that has been addressed incorrectly.