Preferred Service Providers (PSPs)
here: Step 9: Obtaining financing for your exports > EMIA > National Pavilions > Preferred Service Providers
In order to improve the efficiency of the scheme and to provide increased service levels to customers, Trade Investment South Africa has appointed Preferred Service Providers (PSP's), to the EMIA scheme, for the provision of Travel and Freight Forwarding services. These PSP's are:
* Note: The current PSP panel was appointed until 30 June 2008. A new panel will be appointed after this date.
Air-ticket booking procedure
The following procedures will be followed in respect of the pruchase of air-tickets for participation at National Pavilions:
- thedti will make a provisional reservation with the travel agent for the traveller from the firm. Details of the reservation in the name of the traveller from the firm, together with the price of the air ticket, which will be purchased by thedti, is then forwarded to the firm.
- thedti then issues an order to the travel agent to issue the tickets for the indicated travellers from the approved firms.
- The firm is then given a maximum of three (3) working days (unless indicated for a shorter time) to contact the travel agent to confirm the reservation and to have the ticket issued by the travel agent. Failure to confirm the reservation and have the ticket issued will result in the reservation being cancelled. In this case the firm will be liable for any additional costs for the air ticket of the traveller. thedti will therefore only cover the costs of the approved ticket amount.
- thedti covers the costs of the tickets for the shortest/most direct route and for the bookings on the dates relative to the exhibition. Any costs as a result of changes to the booking/deviation to the route and dates are for the firm's own account and must be settled directly with the travel agent.
- Should an exhibitor request the appointed travel agent to cancel an air ticket, which has already been issued, the cancellation fee as well as the cost of a new ticket, will be solely for the exhibitor's account. EMIA will not provide financial assistance in terms of an air ticket, which has been cancelled and re-issued. The exhibiting firm must also confirm in writing to Director: Export Promotion, the new traveller's details and that this traveller has decision-making capacity.
- Should the exhibitor not be able to travel and the air ticket has not been issued then a letter from the firm's Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director should be forwarded to the Director: Export Promotion, indicating the following:
- Reasons why the traveller is unable to travel to the event;
- Confirming the name and designation of the new traveller;
- Confirmation that the new traveller is a full time employee of the firm;
- Confirmation that the new traveller has decision-making capacity; and
- A certified copy of the new traveller's passport.
- On approval of an application the participant(s) must supply the travel agent with the following:
- Credit Card details, or
- A deposit equivalent to the cancellation fee.
Should changes in the final booking occur due to:
- An approved applicant(s) cancelling his/her/their participation
- An approved applicant(s) changing it's/their participant's name; and these result in changes to the costs of the booking, in the form of higher prices per ticket, the dti will not be responsible for the payment of the increased prices. The applicant(s) will bear the cancellation fee and any additional costs.
- All that is required from the customer is to arrange for the issue and delivery of his/her ticket from the service provider.
- EMIA will not consider claims in respect of travelling expenses where the dti Preferred Service Provider was not utilised.
- EMIA will not be responsible for any service fees/administrative fees charged by the Preferred Service Providers or for cancellation fees which are incurred due to travel deviations. All these additional costs must be borne by the customer. Please note that at the time of booking/issuing of ticket the PSP's will request your banking details in order to facilitate these transactions.
- Please note that thedti is not allowed to provide travel insurance related to the air ticket. The exhibitor is responsible to contact the travel agent to arrange travel insurance. The insurance costs will solely be for the exhibitor's account.
Preferred Service Provider Disclaimer
Please note that EMIA does not accept any liability relating to the non-performance or service delivery of the appointed Preferred Service Providers pertaining to the transport of samples or air and travel arrangements.