Readers of the report naturally wish to assimilate data quickly and easily, the writer should develop a succinct style of writing. Emphasis of certain points can be achieved using boxes, asterisks, the frequent use of paragraphs, or by highlighting important statements.
tables and charts
Tables and charts can enhance the report by:
- Providing a concise format to systematically review data
- Assisting the firm to grasp comparisons and trends quickly and easily
- Drawing attention to the most important aspects of the data
- Besides their functional use, they also break up the report and add interest
- The design of tables and charts should be given careful consideration. Poorly designed charts or tables can distort information rather than clarifying it